The Youth Services Librarian position is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing library services, programs and outreach, within the library and for the community. This position leads and supports the District’s mission and core values. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment and initiative.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- True passion for services for young patrons.
- Flexibility and versatility; ability to handle a variety of situations.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- A supportive teammate, ready to pitch-in whenever needed.
- Focus on high-level customer service; must practice a “patron first” philosophy.
- Experience with storytime delivery and skilled at engaging attendees of all ages.
- Conscientious, consistent, committed, and collaborative.
ADDITIONALLY, YOU WILL HAVE:
- Working knowledge of children’s collections and programming.
- Working knowledge of the professional principles of youth services to include reference and reader’s advisory tools and methodologies, including print and electronic sources is preferred.
- The ability to work under periods of occasional stress resulting from peak periods of patron service requests.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in library Science or in Education, Reading/Literacy, or related field is preferred. Masters of Library Science degree is highly desired.
- Experience: Two years previous experience in public library children’s services, education or closely related field is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Starting Salary: $22.67/hour – Full time – Exempt (40 hours/week)
Closing date & time: Thursday, April 26, 2018 – 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
BE A PART OF THE DCL TEAM!
APPLY TODAY! EXCELLENT BENEFITS!
Company Website: http://www.dcl.org/join-our-team