|LibGig, a division of LAC Group, is searching for a Temporary Corporate/Company Researcher to provide quality research of companies, corporations, and top-level executives using online resources. This is a temporary full-time position that will last approximately 2-3 months. This position can be worked virtual from anywhere in the US or on-site at the client’s firm in Chicago, IL.
- Create reports and run online article searches on companies and executives;
- Additional research on companies, executives, and industries;
- Research and prepare client-ready profiles;
- Communicate changes at companies and their executives and other newsworthy items;
- Stay abreast of and recommend the best resources related to company and corporate governance research;
- Conduct analysis of public and private corporations to determine strategic initiatives and identify business development opportunities;
- MLS/MLIS degree is preferred, though a qualified researcher with a BA/BS will be considered;
- A minimum of 1 year of research experience in a law firm, academic library, professional services or corporate setting is preferred;
- Experience and proficiency in using online research and business/company databases such as CapitalIQ, Factiva, LexisNexis, Avention (D&B Hoovers);
- Familiarity with public companies, corporate governance and SEC filings;
- Strong writing skills with a professional business vocabulary.