This position is a professional position with a supervisory role reporting to the MLS Executive Board. The incumbent will:
- Provide organizational leadership, management, planning, program evaluation, and strategic direction to fulfill the MLS Mission and provide high-quality services to member libraries.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong MLS Executive Board. Serve as an ex officio member of the MLS Executive Board and all committees.
- Lead, coach, and develop a leadership team to strive for organizational excellence.
- Employ partnerships, efficiency solutions, and other opportunities, e.g., grant funding and revenue generation, to enhance capacity.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements as a recipient of state funding as well as all local, state, and federal legal requirements.
- Work with the MLS Executive Board, MLS leadership team and staff, committees, members, auditor, legal counsel, Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, automated networks, vendors/contractors, professional associations, elected officials, and others.
- Collaborate with MLS members to develop and strengthen relationships within the MLS community. Engage in strategic advocacy for libraries.
For more information, including the full job announcement and description, please visit our website.
Company Website: http://www.masslibsystem.org