|LibSource, an LAC Group Company, seeks a part-time Photo Technician for a project based in New York City. The primary tasks of this position include executing high quality photo scans of original photo archive assets. This position also requires post scan quality control, cropping, color correction and dust-busting using Adobe Photoshop or similar software products. The position offers flexible scheduling, day/night. Total hours commitment weekly averages 15-25 hours depending on availability and production volumes. This is an excellent opportunity for someone working freelance or is looking for a flexible schedule.
- Sort photos by element type, condition, title, subject, etc.
- Carefully handle and prepare images for scanning procedures
- Re-sleeve and re-house images according to established standards
- Properly capture and / or assign unique image identification number with accuracy and record appropriate caption and catalog metadata according to project requirements and standards
- Maintain, review and assure 100% qc of all scans and data
- Apply color correction, cropping, sizing and cleaning fixes to images as needed
- Repackage originals for return to archive
- Electronically deliver completed files and datasets per project requirements, regularly and within prescribed timelines and delivery standards
- Periodically clean, adjust and calibrate equipment to assure consistency
- Track and Report on daily / weekly productivity
- Education – Degree in Photography, Broadcasting, and/or Film is helpful.
- Previous photo scanning and photo handling experience – knowledge of handling delicate photos, formats, scanning equipment, Adobe Photoshop, processing and techniques and knowledge of negative, prints and duplicates, etc.
- Knowledge of broadcast, media and 20th century Americana history is helpful
- Computer literate, basic understanding of inventory management software, knowledge of IMS and MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, focus and accurately sort and keep track of physical items in a fast-paced environment.