|PRO-TEK Vaults, an LAC Group company, is seeking a Photo Archivist for immediate hire. This is a full-time position that will work out of our Pro-Tek Vaults facility, located in Burbank, CA. The main responsibilities for this position will be to sort photographic and negative images of people, places and objects pertaining to motion pictures and film. The archivist will be trained to sort images by selection criteria. All images will be properly identified, placed in a proper archival sleeve, and put in an appropriate archival container.
- Sort photos by element type, condition, title, subject, etc.
- Carefully handle and prepare images for archival re-housing and scanning procedures
- Re-sleeve and re-house images in archival packaging according to established standards.
- Recognize or assign an image identification number and accurately and legibly record metadata for each asset by hand for cataloging purposes.
- Accurately validate and enter new metadata into inventory management system according to specified requirements.
- Effectively collaborate with co-workers and team leader(s), using analytical methods in decision making concerning metadata and establishing studio rights (access).
- Education – Degree in Photography and/or Film Studies is helpful.
- Photo handling experience – knowledge of handling delicate photos, re-sleeving techniques and knowing negative, prints and duplicates.
- Previous experience with a digital scanner is preferred.
- Knowledge of Motion Picture history is helpful
- Computer literate, basic understanding of inventory management software, knowledge of IMS and MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, focus and accurately sort and keep track of physical items in a fast-paced environment.
- Legible handwriting is a must and is an essential part of the job.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs., sit and stand for long periods of time, Ability to read small print and view details on photo negatives, Wear lab coat and cotton gloves.