|LAC Federal is seeking experienced Document Management Analysts to work for a Federal Agency in downtown San Francisco, CA. Analyst will be providing research, analysis and administrative support to attorneys. This is a two year contract, full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) with benefits. Must be able to pass a security background investigation. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- This work will include performing research into legal cases, checking citations for legal cases, fact checking, proofreading and assisting with legal discovery.
- Provide trial preparation support up to and including preparing legal briefs for filing.
- Perform other legal support duties including bates labelling, assisting in preparing exhibits or brochures for insertion into briefs or files, and so forth.
- Perform general office duties including data entry, filing, maintaining a calendar, and other administrative duties to support the office.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Significant writing skills, word processing and electronic data management skills.
- The ability to create tables of contents and authorities, prepare, revise, and format legal documents (primarily lengthy briefs and appendices) from e-mail, markup, or handwritten sources, or other legal sources.
- The ability to work with and create Word documents in redlined versions and to convert documents to PDF form.
- The ability to manage electronic databases.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and to work under time constraints or other demanding work requirements.
- The ability to perform routine tasks that include, but are not limited to copying, mailing, closing files, maintaining pleadings.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Access or other data bases, Word Perfect and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Willingness to update computer skills as necessary to meet continually changing demands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skill in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.