|LAC Federal is seeking a Reference Librarian responsible for Character Reference Due Diligence Research, Business Intelligence and Market Analysis to work at an information center in the Washington, DC area. This is a full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- You will provide research/reference services focused on international business development, finance, economics, environmental policy, foreign investment, energy and law, among others.
- You will perform Character Reference Due Diligence research and help keep the on-line Intranet page for the website up-to-date.
- You will participate in marketing and outreach of library services, meeting with user groups, and helping to curate and distribute information and news alerts on relevant topics.
- In addition to these duties, you will support the center by participating in outreach and marketing campaigns, assisting patrons in using the libraries resources, and support the technical services staff as needed.
- Other responsibilities include providing accurate statistics, logs and usage reports, and participation in special projects as assigned.
- Degree in MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
- Professional knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles and techniques of librarianship in order to provide effective reference support.
- Solid foundation in basic principles of research combining electronic and print resources to provide both quick solutions and in-depth research.
- Ability to identify or devise unorthodox and creative research approaches to respond to project related requests.
- Knowledge of international business or related topics such as company intelligence, finance, economics, industry sectors and environmental issues.
- Proficiency with a variety of generalized and specialized electronic information systems including: LexisNexis/LexisAdvance and Factiva (command language and Boolean searching experience preferred).
- Proficiency and practical experience using Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency with general Internet search techniques.
- Must be detail oriented and open to taking direction and able to follow established policies/procedures.
- Experienced in prioritizing projects, meeting deadlines and contributing effectively within a small group environment.
- Responses to client requests will be organized, concise and will highlight key issues/data.
- Must be team oriented with excellent interpersonal communications skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the library and with library clientele.
- Ability to work in a fast -paced, information intense environment