|LAC Federal seeks an experienced Deputy Program Manager for a position with a prestigious government library located in the Washington, D.C. area. The DPM will be responsible for the responsibility for the library outreach and communication services. Work will be performed on-site. This is an ongoing contract full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position.
- Serves as the point of contact responsible and accountable for contractor performance
- Focal point for ensuring that all deliverables exceed expectations and are submitted in a timely manner
- Maintain close coordination with the client and make sure all performance requirements are met
- Management of information services team
- Provide reference assistance
- Work with the Program Manager in the development of special tasks and project assignments.
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution
- At least 15 years of progressively responsible experience, proven leadership, familiarity with the application of technology across the spectrum of library services, and the ability to steer large-scale projects to completion.
- Must have experience supporting a Program Manager or in a position providing leadership for a functional area in the planning, implementation, and delivery of virtual library, digital preservation, and knowledge management services.
- Previous experience with federal libraries and a background in scientific and technical information are highly desirable.