|LAC Federal seeks an experienced Acquisitions Librarian for a position with a prestigious government library located in the Washington, D.C. area. Work will be performed on-site. This is an ongoing contract full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position.
- Review and evaluate e-resources for library acquisitions or e-access and will be involved in renewing licenses and developing best practices for consortia acquisition purchases.
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to work well in a team
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 1 year experience in technical services, including provision of interlibrary loan using OCLC (including WorldShare) and circulation desk experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with the circulation and acquisitions modules of integrated library systems.
- Experience searching online databases such as EBSCO and ProQuest and in ordering from commercial document delivery services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills.