|LAC Federal seeks an experienced Computer Security Systems Manager for a prestigious government library located in the Washington, D.C. area. Work will be performed on-site. This is an ongoing contract full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position.
- Oversee the security of the computer systems and networks. This includes checking server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting.
- Manage and participate in overall security design.
- Select, implement, and maintain firewalls and security patches, and will review and oversee the activities related to security alerts, bulletins and other security-related notifications.
- Analyze and resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required.
- BA/BS in an information or CS related field OR equivalent experience
- Must have 10 years of experience in security of computer systems and networks
- Direct experience with network and host-based firewalls, intrusion detection technologies and secure virtual private network solutions is required.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a motivated and productive team
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with emerging technologies and learn new skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment