|LAC Federal seeks an experienced Web Developer for a position with a prestigious government library located in the Washington, D.C. area. Work will be performed on-site. This is an ongoing contract full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position.
- Build and maintain the backend of the Library websites and keep them running smoothly. This includes designing, building, and implementing new Web pages and sites
- Integrating sites with web technologies on multiple platform systems (particularly Unix/Linux) back end applications
- Maintenance of internal databases for various staff applications, programming support for the digital repository.
- Must have MLS from an ALA accredited institution; BA/BS in an information or CS related field preferred
- Position requires expertise with project management and web development
- Experience in Web back-end development and information management
- Experience in 508 Compliance including design, testing and remediation is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a motivated and productive team
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with emerging technologies and learn new skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment