|LAC Federal seeks an experienced full-time Digital Projects Librarian for a position with our client, a prestigious government library located in the Washington, D.C metro area. This position is a full-time, benefited position, working on-site at the client’s facility. The Digital Projects Librarian will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of a metadata/taxonomy governance plan necessary to maintain the library division’s digital collections. This position requires working with subject-matter experts across the organization to assess their requirements for organizational metadata standards and devise the processes necessary to refine and enhance them. This is an ongoing full time contract (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position.
- Overall responsibility for the technology and systems used in support of the agency’s Library.
- An MLS or similar degree plus 3 years’ experience working with metadata standards and digital objects
- Understanding of the use of metadata schema and tools (in particular MODS, PubMed and JATS)
- Understanding of the use of the controlled vocabularies, such as the NAL Thesaurus
- Expertise with using the Oxygen XML editor and/or Saxon to perform XSLT transformations on large files of metadata
- Experience with archival theory and practices and archival management systems.
- Skill with query languages such as SQL, SPARQL, and Solr
- Knowledge of using and extending content management systems including Drupal and Omeka
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system and use of the command line
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with open source digital repository systems and related technology including audit/fixity software, file forensics, media conversion, and editing metadata for digital objects, especially MODS and FOXML
- Knowledge of utilizing computer technology and software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, and database software; web-based tools)