|LAC Federal seeks an experienced Reference Librarian for a position with a prestigious government library located in the Washington, D.C. area. Work will be performed on-site. This is an ongoing contract full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position.
- Providing reference assistance, library instruction for print and electronic resources, collection development and the creation of bibliographies.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the ALA
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to work well in a team
- Extensive experience in providing reference services through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a variety of databases
- Ability to learn quickly, be adaptable, and take on new tasks
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills.