|LAC Federal is seeking a Librarian to work on our federal contract for a prestigious government agency’s office in Miami, FL. This position is looking for a generalist to perform library duties such as reference, inter-library loan and circulation. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a wide range of experience working in a special library. This is a full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited contract position.
- Perform reference to patrons in the area of science
- Perform inter-library loan and general circulation duties
- Provide performance metrics for scientists as needed
- Maintain library website to provide up to date access
- Organization of the library’s online and print collections as well as regional environmental databases.
- Circulation with SirsiDynix or similar ILS
- Maintain and update web pages with Dreamweaver
- Conduct citation analysis and bibliographic searches for scientists in the areas of hurricane research, ocean chemistry, physical oceanography, aquatic sciences and atmospheric science
- Participate in Library Annual Report preparation
- Perform Library outreach activities such as email newsletters and notices
- Bibliometrics for authors including compiling H Index, citation analysis, etc.
- Management of library statistics using Excel; pull journals and database usage stats from publishers websites
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science (MLS/MLIS) from an accredited institution required
- Experience with Sirsi-Workflows preferred
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, and/or PHP preferred
- Experience using Web of Science and Google Scholar preferred
- Knowledge of how to produce H-indexes is required