|LAC Federal is seeking an experienced Library Consultant (Science & Tech) to support a project at a major Federal information center in Virginia. The aim of the project is help make federally funded research more accessible and to devise strategies to manage and securely share research and datasets. This will include devising strategies to automate all or some of these tasks or to make them more efficient. Work will be remote with occasional visits to the site in Northern Virginia.
- Evaluate the current features of the program for ingesting and making accessibly data and scholarly publications as well as examining strategies currently employed at other institutions
- Develop a list of requirements for any technical solutions including capabilities
- Evaluate and recommend methods and tools for enhancing public discovery and access
- Research methods to automate or streamline methods to convert full text conversion using XML transformations
- Research best practices and lessons learned from similar programs
- Research methods for identifying and tracking journal articles online
- Develop requirements for a single submission portal of federally funded research included the possibility of cloud implementation, Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions and an Application Programming Interface (API).
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Masters in Library Science from an ALA accredited program
- 5 years’ professional experience with scientific/technical research
- Broad knowledge of search strategies and copyright issues
- Ability to analyze information from multiple sources and distil these into a single report or requirements document
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.