|LAC Federal is seeking an experienced Library Consultant to support a project at a major Federal information center in Virginia. The aim of the project is help make federally funded research more accessible and to devise strategies to manage and securely share research and datasets. This will include devising strategies to automate all or some of these tasks or to make them more efficient. Work will be remote with occasional visits to the site in Northern Virginia.
- Analyze the research data life cycle and publication life cycle of federally funded research to identify potential gaps in the current collection strategy and potential sources of missing coverage
- Develop the requirements and solution for a technical tool to identify potential missing journal articles/data
- Develop strategies for measure compliance with submission requirements and methods for improving compliance
- Develop an approach and requirements for a technical solution to ensure compliance with submission requirements
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in information science, computer science, or a scientific or technical field with experience in providing research support into secondary literature
- 5 years’ professional experience with scientific/technical research either as a researcher or as a librarian
- In-depth knowledge of scientific research and the research life cycle including proposal, summaries, data collection, and publication
- Ability to analyze information from multiple sources and distil these into a single report or requirements document
- Experience with compliance metrics and tools
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.