Branch Volunteer Coordinator
The Branch Volunteer Coordinator position administers, coordinates and manages the effective recruitment and use of volunteer talents for the library branch as a community resource that supplements and complements those of the staff, working closely with the District Volunteer Services Supervisor. This position directs and supervises the activities of the branch volunteers, and serves as their primary point of contact. Work is performed under supervision of the District Volunteer Services Supervisor.
JOIN OUR TEAM! APPLY TODAY!
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Plans and coordinates with branch library staff input, the effective use of volunteer talent and services for the branch.
- Assesses volunteer staffing requirements and makes recommendations on volunteer staffing needs, new volunteer programs or improvements in existing programs to the District Volunteer Services Supervisor.
- Actively recruits volunteers for the branch. Works with the District Volunteer Services Supervisor on recruitment materials, recruitment strategies and coordinates with staff in the planning and implementing of recruitment activities.
- Works closely with branch staff, and District Volunteer Services Supervisor to implement appropriate branch volunteer task assignments.
- Reviews prospective volunteer application forms, conducts initial volunteer interviews, and makes recommendations for placement. Provides new volunteers with preliminary library orientation.
- Maintains volunteer data for district-level reports.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to adapt to a busy library with minimal workspace; ability to work at multiple and varied workstations required.
- General knowledge of volunteer administration principles and practices, especially in a library environment is desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse staff, managers, volunteers, and representatives of outside agencies is required.
- Knowledge and experience with supervising, coaching and managing others is required.
- Exhibits strong delegation and negotiation skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or related field preferred.
- Experience: Two years of previous library experience and two years of previous volunteer services experience preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Starting Salary: $16.04 per hour – Part-time (32 hours) – Non-exempt
CLOSING DATE/TIME: Sat., 07/22/2017, 11:59 PM Mountain Time
Company Website: http://www.dcl.org/join-our-team