|Chase Cost Management (CCM), an LAC Group company is looking for an Information Research Consultant for a cost management services firm in New York. The Information Research Consultant will be working with a team in assisting in the review and optimization of spend on electronic and print information legal resources. This individual will be responsible for identifying and implementing effective, customized strategies that will provide optimization and control costs of these resources to clients.
- Conceptualize all aspects of client project plan and take responsibility for development of client and vendor strategy with the goals of maximizing efficiency and cost savings.
- Leverage past experiences and internal company knowledge to determine opportunities.
- Negotiate with vendors on behalf of clients.
- Develop concise and complex analyses, and prepare high quality deliverables.
- Build quantitative models and interpret results.
- Create written report and monthly audits.
- Oversee client relationship and the progress of the program to ensure service and quality requirements are met.
- Support sales processes and provide internal initiative support.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school is required. Masters in Library Science and/or JD is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in managing legal information resources, procurement/purchasing, and/or statistical/data analysis in a legal or consulting environment is preferred.
- Ability to take responsibility for the successful strategy, development and execution of assigned programs to maximize efficiency and cost savings for clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to identify and discuss objectives, issues and results.
- Ability to meet tight project deadlines.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook required. Proficiency in Salesforce operation and reporting strongly preferred.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.