|LAC Federal is seeking an experienced Cataloger for a government contract working with a prestigious federal agency located in Denver, CO. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position which includes a full benefits package
- Search uncatalogued publications in the local EOS.Web catalog and OCLC WorldCat to determine library holdings, duplication, digitization status, and other information required prior to cataloging.
- Search selected items in the Access database used as an inventory of digitized publications.
- Update records in EOS.Web catalog to correct or add to records, such as adding digitization information, including all #856 fields with URL information for links to documents in Internet Archive and other sources.
- Coordinate as needed and update status with library staff regarding cataloging and digitization support.
- Document recommendations for any new or revised procedures as well as decisions regarding the approval or rejection of each.
- Edit/add, produce, and export OCLC-MARC records to import into the local catalog (EOS.Web).
- Produce spine labels and process cataloged print and publications by attaching the labels and property stamping.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- At least two (2) years of cataloging and metadata experience.
- Experience working with AARC2, OCLC-MARC and LC Classification standards and with Dublin Core is required.
- Familiarity with quality control standards.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.