|LAC Federal is seeking a Library Technician to assist with a variety of tasks, including searching and requesting books online from the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. This is a part-time (25-30 hours per week; Monday - Friday) with a start date of June 5, 2017.
Desired skills include:
- You will assist with a variety of tasks, including searching and requesting books online from the Library of Congress
- You will be packing books for return to the Library of Congress
- You will be conducting intern orientations
- You will be updating records on the Serials Solutions A-Z list
- You will be answering basic reference questions from users including retrieving and listing Center publications on a bibliography, checking out books and checking in print serials
- You will be searching WorldCat, processing interlibrary loans through OCLC
- You will be doing data entry including withdrawing and listing books and serials including catalog updates, and tasks of this general nature.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Experience searching the Library of Congress catalog and WorldCat
- Updating and maintaining ProQuest 360 Core (serials A-Z list) entries
- Processing interlibrary loans using OCLC WorldShare; using an ILS system for circulation
- Applicants should have experience with a variety of academic databases: the library has several academic databases in the social sciences, many of which have a focus on international relations.
- Experience with foreign language materials, especially Russian, is a plus.
- Familiarity with digital microform machines.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies