|LAC Federal is seeking an experienced Library/Preservation Technician to work at a prestigious Federal library in the Landover, MD area. This is a 9 month full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- The technician will follow defined procedures to support a project assessing, processing and rehousing library and archival materials including brittle or damaged items.
- The Technician will track progress using a variety of excel files and other databases.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Minimum of 1 year working with library or archival collections
- Minimum of 1 year working with fragile and/or brittle library materials
- Experience with basic physical processing including affixing labels, shifting, etc.
- Basic computer skills and experience with spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to follow instructions with exact detail
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies