|LAC Federal is seeking an experienced Senior Library Technician to work at a prestigious Federal library in the Landover, MD area. This is a 9 month full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- The Senior Library Technician will supervise a small team to support a project assessing, processing and rehousing library and archival materials including brittle or damaged items.
- In addition to assisting in the processing and rehousing work, the Senior Library Technician will be responsible for quality control and regular reports to the Library.
- The Technician will track progress using a variety of excel files and other databases and prepare regular reports.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Minimum of 2 years working with library or archival collections doing processing and/or rehousing in a major research library
- Experience managing staff
- Ability to address performance and personnel issues including quality assurance and productivity
- Ability to compile statistical data to produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Minimum of 1 year working with fragile and/or brittle library materials
- Experience with basic physical processing including affixing labels, shifting, etc.
- Basic computer skills and experience with spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions with exact detail
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies